Saturday, September 6, 2014
Oh She Glows-Classic Glow Bars
Have you checked out Oh She Glows?
Angela Liddon is this beautiful lady that makes beautiful food
If you have yet to check out her blog I would encourage you to check this out
I love her pictures and blog so much I could not resist when she released her cook book
The internet is bursting with beautiful recipes and amazingly inspiring photos of food
BUT there is just something about a REAL cookbook
I love cookbooks!
So these Glow bars are something Angela is famous for
They are packed with goodness and just the right amount of sweet.
The recipe calls for Rice Syrup
You might just think you can use honey or maybe maple syrup or agave
you know….like a liquid sweetener BUT DO NOT
The syrup is the only way to go do not substitute this
OR you will find yourself spooning this bar recipe in a crumbly mess on top of a yogurt parfait
WHICH isn't the end of the world trust me
BUT if you are aiming for a bar that will stick together spring for the rice syrup for sure :)
SO The recipe…..
Classic Glow Bars
1 1/2 Cups Gluten free rolled oats
1 1/4 Cups rice crisp cereal
1/4 Cup Hemp Seeds
1/4 Cup Sunflower Seeds
1/4 Cup unsweetened Shredded Coconut
2 TBSP Sesame Seeds
2 TBSP Chia Seeds
1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
1/2 Cup plus 1 TBSP Brown Rice Syrup
1/4 Cup Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/4 Cup mini Chocolate Chips
Makes 12 Bars * Prep Time 15 Mins * Freeze Time 10 Mins
gluten free oil free raw, no bake, soy free refined sugar free and nut free option
1. Line a 9 inch square pan with two pieces of parchment paper (one going each way)
2. In a large bowl, combine the oats, rice crisp Cereal, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut, sesame seeds, chia seeds, cinnamon, and salt and MIX
3. In a small saucepan, stir together the brown rice syrup and the peanut butter until well combined. Cook over medium high heat until the mixture softens and bubbles slightly, then remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
4. Pour peanut butter mixture over the oat mixture, using spatula to scrape every last bit out of the pan. Stir well with a large spoon until all of the oats and cereal are coated in the wet mixture.
5. Transfer the mixture to prepared pan, spreading it out into an even layer. Lightly wet your hands and press down on the mixture to even it out.
6. Place the pan in the freezer, uncovered, and chill 10 mins, or until firm.
7. Lift the oat square out of the pan, using the parchment a handles. Place on cutting board and slice with pizza cutter or serrated knife. Slice the square into 6 rows and then slice them in half to make 12 Bars total.
8. Wrap the bars individually in plastic wrap or foil and store them in airtight container in the refridgeratior for up to 2 weeks. OR store them in the freezer for up to 1 Month.
NOTE: to make these glow bars nut free, substitute sunflower seed butter for the peanut butter .
Posted by Asia Girl at 9:50 PM