Monday, November 17, 2014

Mini Apple Crisps In Mason Jars




This weekend was my Dad's 68th Birthday
Saturday was a Sunny Afternoon
He and my mother traveled all the way to Nanaimo for a quick visit and an outing saturday outing  Wishing my sisters were with us too…..We strolled commercial street downtown Nanaimo stopping at Perkins to have soup and Sandwiches together.
Bodo was a champ and tagged along showing us his favourite Stair sets he would like to skateboard if ever given the opportunity…
We had such a nice time together.  Always too short.
Another epic milestone is my 200th Blog Post!

I find this incredible and exciting.  Goes to show you how doing something little every once in a while can really add up.

SO what to post for a 200th post
Well…Having my Dads Birthday makes it feel special but as for a recipe I thought I would keep it simple and classic
These Mini Apple Crisp Mason Jars are SO perfect for Picnics and lunches or just portion sized desserts.  This version is very healthy gluten free with Buckwheat Flour
…Making a batch of the real deal Apple Crisp for some members of my family might have been a good idea and one that would be easy to pull off as these Jars come together in a snap.

MOSTLY my family are real champs when it comes to my blog food…tasting and trying my ideas and creations for 200 posts I would say they deserve real dessert…maybe next time ;)

Like I said these mini desserts come together in a snap you make the apple filling, make the crumble assemble into your jars and bake YUP right in the jars convenient right!

Happy Birthday Dad I love you




Crumble Topping:

-1/2 Cups Gluten Free Rolled Oats
-1/2 Cup Dark or Light Buckwheat Flour
-3 TBSP Coconut Oil, Melted
-2 TBSP Coconut sugar or other natural sweetener (optional…I left this out apples are sweet)
-1 tsp ground Cinnamon(I used my Epicure Apple Pie Spice!!! Ask my Friend Tanya about Epicure)
-Sea Salt

Apple Filling:

- 4 Cups diced apples (I used 2 Large apples)
- 1 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 1 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Chia seeds or ground flax meal

Preheat oven to 350

To prepare crumble topping:
In medium Bowl mix together all crumble topping ingredients until fully combined. Set aside.

To prepare filling:
In a large bowl, toss together all the filling ingredients.
Divide mixture evenly amount 6 oven proof 250 ml glass mason jars.
Top with crumble.
Place jars on parchment lines baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes.
Cool completely, fasten lids, transfer to your picnic basket
Don't forget the spoons!

Enjoy!

xoxo
Ashie Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment