Friday, April 6, 2012

Flower Pizza

Cauliflower that is!
Whoever invented cauliflower pizza crust is brilliant!
Wish it was me!
I keep seeing the recipe pop up on certain blogs I visit and figured it was time to give it a try.
I took some of the ideas from a couple of recipes and mashed them together
I think for a first timer it turned out pretty good
AND it tasted GreAt!  Just trust me and give it a try.


CAULIFLOWER PIZZA:
makes 1 Large crust
Ingredients:
4 Cups Cauliflower "Rice" steamed and squished (keep reading to Step#1 this will make more sense)
1 Egg
1 Tbsp corn meal
2 tsp Italian seasoning
pinch of salt

Pre Heat Oven to 400

  1.  Make Cauliflower Rice:  Pulse in batches with food processor until rice like texture achieved.
  2.  Steam and Squeeze:  Fill a pot with about an inch of water.  Bring to a boil.  Add "Rice"      remove from heat and cover.   Let steam like this for 5 mins.  Transfer to Cheese cloth or dish towel lined strainer. Gather cloth and squeeze SQUEEZE all the excess moisture you can out!
  3. Transfer to Large bowl.  Mix in Egg, spices, and corn meal.
  4. Spread onto parchment lined cooky sheet pressing with your hands to create your pizza crust.
NOW bake in oven for 35-40 mins.  check to make sure it isn't burning.  Depending on how thick you make your crust will depend on how long it will need to cook it.
I like my crust thin and crispy so it took the whole 40 mins.

NOW the fun part.  Dress your pizza.  I like Sauce, onions, hot banana peppers, Pineapple, Feta, and scissor chopped spinach, and just a little bit of old aged cheddar to make it feel like I am ordering from PAnAGo ...sortof

Return to oven and bake for 20 mins 
Voila!

ENJOY YOUR pizza!












                        XO Asia Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment