Saturday, April 27, 2013

Carrot Walnut Cookies

In my opinion there are two definitions to
'I want a Cookie'

Definition #1:  Give me a cookie loaded with butter, sugar, chocolate chips, chewy on the inside, crisp on the edges, as big as my head cause this day really sucked

Definition #2: I am craving something sweet to have with my afternoon tea...but if I eat a cookie and trash my clean eating I am going to punch myself in the face cause I work SO hard in the gym I want to eat in a way that supports my training efforts :)

#2 is ...well..not as fun.  Sometimes #1 is just the only option.  Everyone deserves a cookie.  Nuff Said.

I for one really like cookies.
Especially with tea (yay tea)
But sugar cookies always make me feel yuck
I am always searching for a cookie that makes me feel good and fills my cookie cravings
I think this is a good example of this type of cookie
THIS is cookie you could eat for BREAKFAST!
THIS in my opinion is a clean cookie!
THIS is a cookie you could feed your tiny kids without loading them with sugar which might often result in high pitched screeching noises and bouncing off the walls...which can often lead to you wanting to punch yourself in the face.....
See this common theme of how I am trying to discourage you from beating yourself up
*helping*
Without further adieu....the recipe

Carrot Walnut Cookies:

1 Cup Raw Unsalted Walnuts
1 Cup Rolled Oats
1/2 Cup Raisins
1/2 Cup Rice Flour (you can sub Whole wheat flour, or Spelt or any flour you like)
1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
2 Carrots, grated
1 Apple, grated
1/2 Very ripe Banana, mashed
1/4 Cup liquid Egg white (you can sub juice or even water if you want)

Making Cookie time:
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees

1.  Combine Walnuts, Oats, and Raisins in a food processor. Pulse until finely ground. Transfer to a large bowl.
2.  Stir in flour, Baking powder, Cinnamon, and Ginger.  Whisk to combine.
3.  Next add the grated Carrots, grated Apple, mashed Banana, and liquid egg whites.  Stir with large wooden spoon till totally combined.
4.  Drop by rounded Tablespoon full's onto parchment lined cookie sheet (or silicone mat).
5.  Press down on each cookie with the back of a fork or spoon to slightly squish.

Bake 20-25 minutes till Browned.

Your house will now smell like carrot cake yummy cookies
your welcome!

Enjoy!
xoxo
Ashie Girl











No comments:

Post a Comment