Sunday, May 16, 2010

Bodo Baggins Pancakes:

My kid loves pANCAKES
I mean he loves pancakes every day
I have tried lots of recipes but my fav I got from Robyn M.  I actually call them Robyn's Peppermint pancakes since she gave me a peppermint plant on the same visit to her house...she is wonderful foodie  and an equally wonderful gardener.
ANYwho
I make these pancakes in large batches cool them and freeze them in between pieces of wax paper.  Every night I pull a pancake out of the freezer into the fridge for the next morning.  In the blur of our crazy morning routine my son gets his pancakes and I don't have to cook em ...just reheat in toaster or microwave :)
oh also ....money saving idea..you don't have to buy buttermilk.  I measure 1 cup of milk for this recipe and add a tsp or 2 of either vinegar or lemon juice.  let stand 10  mins and ....pooooof buttermilk YAY.
Also (lots of also's this morning)
I mix up what flours I use ..sometimes I just use regular white flour so it feels like we are at IHOP...but mostly I try and use Rice Flour or a mix of Whole wheat and white.  This morning I tried Graham flour...it is a very nice finely ground flour that is a mixture of WW and rye flours... works wonderfully and sticks better to the ribs of picky pants kiddos.

Ingredients:


1 Cup Flour
1 Tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

1 Cup Buttermilk or Yogurt
1 Egg
2 Tbsp Oil (I use sunflower from YDT)

In a large mixing bowl...
Add all dry ingredients whisk to mix,  add wet ingredients and whisk some more..i don't even use a second bowl I just add each of the wet ingredients to the dry and mix it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment