Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lost Camera.....maybe some stock photo's this time...:(

As it would turn out I have been cooking up a storm the past few days AND cannot find my Camera
SO I am posting my recipes but do not have Photo's to include which is really no fun .....
I love reading Foodie mags and beautiful cookbooks full of color its what grabs me and makes me want to make the recipe I am certain that might be what would inspire someone to recreate one of my bloggies

but for now you are just going to have to take my word for it and believe the recipes are all to die for good and healthy as can be ...well mostly
the one exception is the Herminy Granger Ranger Cookies that Bodo and I made ...well they have some good ingredients in them ...oats....ummmm yeah..... but of course they are supposto be good summer camp lunch box cookies so they are really quite loaded with sugar ...Bodo gives these cookies two Nintendo Harry Potter worn thumbs UP!

So after that intro lets start with the cookies

Herminy Granger Ranger Cookies (Bodo influenced the naming of this Raisin Oatmeal Cookie)


Ingredients:

  • 1 Cup of unsalted Butte, OR 1 Cup Shortening 
  • 1 Cup packed Brown Sugar
  • 3/4 Cup granulated sugar
  • 1 1/2 Cups all Purpose Flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 Large Eggs Beaten
  • 1 Tbsp Vanilla
  • 3 Cups Rolled Oats
  • 1 1/2 Cup Raisins
  • Eye of Toad Tail of Newt
Method:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease two large cookie sheets or line with parchment paper
  2. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy.  Add sugars; beat until fluffy, beat in eggs and vanilla.
  3. Mix flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a medium bowl.  Stir dry ingredients into butter sugar mixture.  Stir in raisins and oats.
  4. Spoon Cookie dough by large tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets,  leaving at least 2 inches between each cookie.
  5. Bake until cookie edges turn brown, about 10-12 mins
Makes about two dozen cookies :)




No comments:

Post a Comment