Red Lentils are a nutritional Power house!!!
They provide vitamins, minerals and protein, and mega fibre with virtually no fat and very low calories.
Red lentils can replenish your stores of folate, Magnesium, and Iron.
Folate...which is a B vitamin helps produce and maintain new cells
Magnesium....helps builds STRONG bones and regulates blood sugar levels
Lentils are especially great because they're loaded with fiber: 1 cup provides about three-quarters of your daily recommendation. Pregnant, lactating and menstruating women require more
.....so that would be ....like all of us !
Red meat is also an excellent iron source, red lentils provide the iron without the added calories and fat.
Both protein and fibre have satiating properties that help you stay fuller for longer. This can mean you will eat less feeling full longer....
More energy ...more vitamins...feeling satisfied
you are gonna feel great
added bonus they are inexpensive and do not require pre soaking like other beans
they cook within about 20-25 mins right in your soup pot!
EAT LENTILS MY FRIENDS
LIFE IS GOOD
On with the soup recipe!
* 1 tsp coconut or other cooking oil
* 2 Large Garlic Cloves
* 1 Sweet Onion, diced
* 3 Stalks Celery, diced
* 1 Bay Leaf
* 1 & 1/2 tsp ground Cumin
* 2 tsp Chili Powder
* 1/2 tsp ground Coriander
* 1/4 tsp smoked Paprika
* 1/8 tsp cayenne Pepper (careful this can make it hot...then no kid will go near it)
* 1- 14 oz can Deiced Tomato's
* 5-6 Cups Veg Broth
* 1 Cup Red Lentils, rinsed and drained
* Salt & Pepper to taste
* 2 Handfuls of torn kale or spinach leaves
Make the Soup:
1. In a large pot saute onion & garlic for about 5-6 mins on medium heat. Add Celery saute a bit more.
2. Stir in Bay leaf & spices
3. Stir in tomatoes and juice, broth & Lentils. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20-25 minutes until lentils are soft.
4. Stir in Kale or Spinach. Season to taste ...maybe a bit more cayenne to make you spicy!!!