Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Gluten Free Baked Brown Rice Pudding





Growing up my mom always made Rice Pudding with leftover brown rice
COMFORT FOOD ALERT
I still love this
I thought I would make a batch today and see how Boden likes it
I hope he likes it as much as I always have
as for desserts go I think this would be somewhat of a healthy one
Brown rice, milk, and just enough sweet
Cinnamon and vanilla extract
To me it just sounds like a big cookie pudding!
Only thing I did different was I used organic coconut milk
my mom always used canned milk
I am hoping it will come close to how amazing it was when she made it

Ingredients:

2 Cups Cooked Organic Short Grain Brown Rice
1 Organic Egg, lightly beaten
1 3/4 Cups unsweetened Coconut Milk
2 TBSP Agave (I used Local Honey)
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 Cup Organic Raisins
2 tsp Cinnamon

Heat Oven to 350 degrees

SO Easy!!!
In a Medium sized Bowl lightly beat Egg.  Add Coconut Milk, Agave, Vanilla, salt, Raisins.  Mix in your Brown Rice.  Pour into 2 Quart Casserole Dish
I lined my dish with parchment paper
I sorta dislike scrubbing dishes
parchment paper is pretty fabulous
It makes it so you don't have to grease your pan (yay)

Bake @ 350 for 1 hour
Cool and enjoy



No comments:

Post a Comment