Saturday, March 7, 2015







SO the muffins I made last week were such a hit in the lunches I decided I would make more this weekend :)
Boden said he loved the Buckwheat Apple Banana ones….but let me know that Alli Hart makes the absolute BEST chocolate muffins he has ever ever tasted….not trying to steal mom of the year from my lovely friend Alli but now I was totally inspired to make a chocolate version that still fit in with my healthy snack crusade…so I scoured the internet and found this recipe…so get your muffin tins out and start baking! 

 Ingredients
  • 3 cups white whole wheat flour
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 cup maple syrup (honey or other natural sweeteners will work too)
  • 3/4 cup coconut oil, warmed to liquid
  • 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (Iused sour cream expiry date was creeping up!)
  • 1 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 2  eggs
  • 3/4 cup milk 
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil muffin pans or line with paper liners.
  2. Use a whisk to combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
  3. Use whisk to combine all wet ingredients in a separate mixing bowl and whisk until ingredients emulsify and become uniform. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
  4. Spoon batter into muffin pan until cups are 2/3 of the way full. If using chocolate chips, drop a couple on top of the muffin batter.
  5. Cook muffins for 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the centre cleanly. 
Enjoy!
xoxo 
Ashie Girl 

No comments:

Post a Comment