Saturday, March 21, 2015

Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies that are't so healthy your kids wont eat them



That is a long title for these cookies...
I often make VERY healthy healthy fare....
No sugar..no gluten..
I am thrilled with the healthfulness of these snacks
Guilt Free is TOTALLY what I am always looking for
BUT when you are a kid...you sorta need yummy AND sweet AND fun
I try to find balance including traditional sweets and treats in our cupboards
BUT my Real REAL goal is to fuel my family with healthy homemade
treats that they WILL actually EAT
Will ActuALLy EnjoY
...and keep coming back for more
IS THAT Too Much to AsK???
These cookies are it!
Loaded with healthy ingredients
with just enough sweet stuff to trick them ....errrr I mean to satisfy
I mean ....
I would NEVER trick my family into eating something pretending it was a yummy treat while sneaking healthy ingredients in testing their tastebuds to see if they will notice
All moms do this....right?

OK the cookies...Mostly healthy and no sneaky stuff I promise


Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

1 Cup whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup oat bran
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon 
1/2 tsp course salt
2/3 cup coconut oil, warm up to liquify
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar (seeeeee I told you they were super fun!...I am like the best mom)
2 large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract 
2 1/2 cups old -fashioned rolled oats
1 cup organic raisins

Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Whisk flour, oat bran, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl
In another bowl, whisk oil, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
Stir wet ingredients into dry then mix in oats and raisins
Roll 2 TBSP of dough into a ball, place onto parchment lines baking sheet about 2 inches apart
Bake until golden brown, 10-13 minutes
Let cool on baking sheet 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely
Makes 2 dozen

Enjoy
xoxo
Ashie Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment