Monday, August 20, 2012

Mini Vegan Meatloaf





This Friday my sweet family was having MAN night...which entails ordering pizza...playing vids..etc 
I wanted Pizza too...but not man night kind...I wanted Asia Girl Pizza.....Rice Flour Tortilla Crust...fresh cooked Chicken breast, grilled asparagus, roasted beets, Arugula, goat Feta ...you get the idea (clean pizza :)
I played in the kitchen while the boys were busy being men 
I made pizza ...some Carb free Zucchini humous (I added jalapeño just to kick it up a notch)
Since I had left over pizza sauce I figured I could make a batch of Meat Loaf...errrr Asia Girl meal loaf lol
I mess with everything !!!
Veggie Meat loaf is an OXYMORON!!!


An oxymoron (plural oxymorons or oxymora) (from Greek ὀξύμωρον, "sharp dull") is a figure of speech that combines contradictory terms. 
Even though this recipe might be a total contradiction 


Totally yummy!
These lil babies are portioned sized yummy slow burning carbs to pair with your clean protein.  
I make a batch and freeze them.  This way I can pop them in my lunch or heat one up for any snack or meal time.
One of the hardest parts of eating clean is having quick healthy foods prepared and ready to eat whenever hunger strikes...if you aren't prepared it is just TOO easy to make an unhealthy choice!
If you are uncertain about this one just try doing a half batch :)  The full recipe makes about 16 muffin sized bites.


Ingredients:

3 1/2 Cups Water
1/4 Cup Bragg's liquid soy
2 TBSP Olive Oil
2 TBSP Onion Powder
TBSP Agave or Maple Syrup
TBSP Dried Sage
TBSP Italian Seasoning
1 Garlic Clove, Crushed
1/2 tsp Cayenne
3 1/2 Oatmeal
1/2 CUP Organic Pasta Sauce

Instructions:
  1. Preheat Oven to 350.  Spray 16 Muffin tin Cups or line with silicone Cup cake liners.  
  2. Place all ingredients except Oats into a large sauce pan and bring to a boil.  Once it is boilingg add your oatmeal and remove from heat and cool for 5 mins
  3. Divide oatmeal mixture into muffin tins.  Top each with a spoon full of pasta sauce.  
  4. Bake for 45 mins or until browned on the edges and solid.
Enjoy xoxo Asia Girl


  

No comments:

Post a Comment