Monday, August 9, 2010

BBQ Spring Salmon, Brown Rice- Beet -Kale Salad:

This was a Salad just thrown together with what I had in my Fridge.  I love this sweet Rice it cooks up round and sticky.  It also works incredibly well for Brown Rice Sushi ;)
For the rest of the salad I added some steamed Kale, grated beet, grated carrot, and some fresh green pea's.

This Kale was so Pretty I just had to post a picture of it before I chopped it and steamed it for the Salad.
The Salmon was freshly caught by my sweet Son.  He loves to bring his mom home fish .....I am super lucky.  Fresh Fish needs barley any help to taste great.  For a quick easy marinade I chopped a lil bit of MCMartin Garlic, Fresh ground black pepper, course salt, and some Braggs liquid soy.  Pour the marinade over the fish and let it soak while the BBQ heated up.  Place Salmon skin side down right onto the BBQ.  Depending on the thickness of your Salmon will determine how quickly it cooks.
Bodo is more of a carb freak than me so his meal was complimented with thinly sliced baked potato from Tania & Linden's Garden. 





No comments:

Post a Comment