Friday, August 27, 2010

Baked Falafel & Beet Dill Soup, Garnished with Greek Yogurt Sprouted Mung Beans & Toasted Sesame Seeds:

This is a Brandi Recipe my sisters are both Glorious cooks...
THis is a recipe she might even be making lately since our Quadra Island Gardens are overflowing with beets.  My mom and I had this for lunch on my day off this week.

BEET Dill Soup:

Ingredients:

  • 2 TBSP Olive Oil
  • 1 1/2 Pounds of Raw Beets cut into 1" Chunks
  • 1 Large Onion 
  • 1 Tbsp Butter
  • 1 Pinch Salt
  • 3 Large Garlic Cloves
  • 1 Tsp toasted Caraway seeds
  • 1/8 tsp cayanne pepper (be careful with this one ..I would recommend using half of this much and it will still be very hot
  • 3 Cups chicken or veggie Broth 
  • 2 TBsp Fresh dill 
  • 1 1/2 Cups Milk (optional)
  • s&p to taist
Method:

Saute Onions & Garlic, add remaining ingredients excepts Milk
 allow to simmer on your stove
add Milk at the end 
Pure if desired  

No comments:

Post a Comment